We’re Currently Accepting New Patients
The admissions process begins when you call us and begin a confidential conversation with one of our admissions specialists—you can call anytime, day or night. We start by getting to know the patient by asking a number of questions to understand their situation, including clinical and medical needs. The initial phone conversation to gather this information will take about 20 minutes and may be with the patient, a family member, or a referring person. If Sandstone is the right place for the patient, admission can be scheduled as early as the same day. We try to ensure that people start treatment as soon as possible.
Costs and Payment for Private Detox and Drug Rehab
Sandstone is a private detox and drug rehab facility and we do not accept coverage from the provincial health insurance plan. The cost of private detox and drug rehab will vary based on the patient’s needs and length of stay in the Program. All services offered at Sandstone are at the patient’s discretion.
Sometimes an employer or an insurance company will cover the costs of private detox and addiction treatment. Each insurance plan is different and some insurance plans provide at least partial coverage for services at Sandstone. Please contact our admissions office for more information.
Financing for Private Detox and Drug Rehab
Financing options include the following:
- Specialized loan: EHN Canada has partnered with PayBright to offer loan packages to help people pay for our treatment programs. They have lower interest rates than most credit cards and healthcare cards. Please visit PayBright’s website for more information.
- Home equity loan: if you have a home to offer as collateral, you may want to consider getting a home equity loan. They have lower interest rates than personal loans.
- Personal savings: you may want to think about using your personal savings instead of opening a credit card or getting a loan.
- >Healthcare credit card: some credit card companies offer specialized healthcare cards with lower interest rates than standard credit cards.
- Payment plan or sliding scale: many recovery programs understand the hardship of paying for treatment and will create an individualized payment plan based on what people can realistically afford.
- Crowdfunding: you can create a campaign on crowdfunding websites, such as GoFundMe, in a few easy clicks and share it with friends and family to raise money for your treatment.