The Edgewood Health Network Canada offers a unique approach to the treatment of addiction and related mental health disorders across the country. We offer a wide range of options, available in both English and French, depending on each individual’s specific needs. Addiction and other related mental health problems are serious, persistent and challenging. But, so are we. The journey to recovery is never easy. But we are confident that we will navigate it successfully – together. Sandstone – EHN Calgary is seeking a part time Psychiatrist to assist in our newest addictions and mental health facility.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide medical care to each assigned Sandstone patient as appropriate
- Perform Psychiatric Assessments
- Complete written records of the assessment
- Monitor patient’s psychiatric status when necessary
- Provide brief psycho-therapeutic interventions
- Visit patients as deemed necessary by the patient’s health status and in accordance with Sandstone policies. This includes attending to any problems and writing appropriate orders or progress notes at the time of visits
- Provide an opportunity for the Sandstone patient (or substitute decision-maker where appropriate) to participate fully in the development of a care plan and at each visit
- Requisition diagnostic services as the Sandstone patient’s condition warrants and conduct follow-up
- Liaise with local hospitals or other facilities to facilitate referrals to specialists as needed and as appropriate based on clinical demands.
- Meet with family members or individuals of importance to the patient, as appropriate and with the consent of the patient
- Follow Sandstone policies on timely and thorough documentation and record retention, with special reference to the inter-professional approach, admission records, transfer information and discharge orders.
- On-call responsibilities on days worked and weekends as required
- Successful candidates must hold or be eligible for independent practitioner registration with the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta and hold certification or be eligible for certification with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Previous work in residential / inpatient setting considered an asset.
- Mental Health and Addictions experience preferred.
This position would receive an hourly rate of pay and would bill and retain all ACHIP billings
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to the Human Resources Department, at [email protected]